ICIC 2016 6th to 8th June 2016 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Heythrop Park Resort, Oxford
Kennedys is a proud gold sponsor of the 2016 International Cargo Insurance Conference | ICIC . This is a conference that is open to all disciplines within the cargo transportation insurance process and its related service industries across the UK and International markets. Whether you work as an Underwriter, Risk Manager, Placing Broker, Claims Adjuster or Claims Broker, etc.
The key purpose of the conference is to provide a platform for the education and professional development of all those within the marine cargo insurance community; whatever your age and experience.
Kennedys is a growing international law firm with expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries. We have some of the most respected legal minds in their fields.
Kennedys’ marine team has experience across all marine insurance and reinsurance business lines including:
- Hull and Machinery and additional insurances, including Increased Value, Mortgagee’s Interest, Loss of Hire and Builder’s Risks.
- Cargo and Goods in Transit (at all stages of the supply chain, whether being carried by air, road or sea, or multimodal transport), Project Cargo and DSU, Fine Art and Specie.
- Marine and excess liabilities (including Charterers’ Liability, Freight Services Liability, Marine Trades, Ports & Terminals, Shiprepairers’ Liability, Stevedore Liability).
- War risks (including piracy, seizure/confiscation, blocking and trapping, malicious damage, terrorism).
- Yachts and pleasure craft.
- Trade Credit and Political Risk
Kennedys can help you with any marine insurance issue:
- We review and draft policy wordings and bespoke clauses
- We advise on contract formation and coverage issues, including attachment of risk, misrepresentation and non-disclosure, policy defences and exclusions, coverage for sue and labour expenses under bespoke and standard wordings including ITC Hulls, Nordic Plan, and German DTV-ADS
- We handle marine casualty work including claims arising out of collisions, groundings, salvage and general average. We can assist with investigations or prosecutions by health and safety regulators
- We defend third party claims against insureds for property damage, financial loss and personal injury, including industrial disease claims and claims under bills of lading, charterparties and other contracts of carriage, by sea, road and air
- We advise on and pursue subrogated recovery actions
- We advise on jurisdictional disputes and applicable law and assist with the recognition and enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards
We have an international network of offices, with specific marine insurance capability in London, Belfast, Dublin, Hong Kong, Madrid, Miami (for the US, Latin America and the Caribbean) and Singapore. Marine personal injury defence work is also handled from Chelmsford, Manchester and Taunton. Together with our wider network of associated offices, preferred lawyers, surveyors and experts around the world, we can assist with marine claims in any location, at any time.
David has over 17 years’ experience handling marine insurance and shipping disputes, as well as coverage issues.
Advises on hull and machinery, cargo, charterers’ liability, offshore energy, war, superyacht and megayacht claims, freight services and warehousing liability insurance, aviation insurance and reinsurance. Acts on behalf of insureds and insurers in defence of claims as well as providing coverage advice to insurers, including advice on disputed Constructive Total Loss claims, misrepresentation and non-disclosure. Also has extensive experience of advising on non-marine property and liability insurance matters, and jurisdictional disputes.
Handles collision and salvage work, and has been involved in advising clients on aspects or claims arising out of several major shipping casualties involving oil pollution including the Prestige.
Handles shipbuilding and offshore construction disputes as well as Freight, Demurrage and Defence work involving time charter, voyage charterparty and bill of lading disputes, unsafe port and foul berth claims, stevedore damage claims, off hire and wrongful withdrawal disputes.
Handles international commercial disputes, including arbitrations in the ports and terminals and offshore sectors.
- Physical damage and personal injury liabilities arising from marina and boat yard operations
- Collisions and marine salvage
- Passenger and crew liabilities (Jones Act)
- Environmental damage claims derived from vessel operation and navigation.
- Extensive litigation experience related to yachts and super yachts, including:
- First and third party insurance claims involving both property damage and personal injury
- Yacht purchase and registration, drafting and negotiation of custom build contracts.
- Regularly litigates cargo claims involving air, ocean, overland truck and warehouse losses.
Considerable experience serving as coverage counsel for underwriters in the London Market for all insurance risks including casualty, financial lines, D&O, E&O, marine, aviation and fine art and specie.
Notable experience in the aviation sector representing maintenance and repair centres, negotiating aircraft component sales and aviation contract matters.
Well-versed in commercial litigation and transactional matters, including contract negotiation, reviewing and drafting.