Due to Kennedys growth, the office in Miami has 3 new role openings: Finance Manager; Marketing and Business Development Assistant; and Legal Secretary. If you find any of these positions suitable to your professional profile please send an email with your resume and Cover Letter to Anna Weiss: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Finance Manager (Full time)
Kennedys is looking to recruit a Regional Finance Manager to join our Miami office. The Finance Manager would have responsibility for coordination and oversight of the finance activities of the LatAm region and offices. Close liaison with LatAm offices and partners and UK Senior Finance Managers is essential.
This is a strategic, yet hands on, role which provides a key support to the Managing Partner LatAm and ensures day to day delivery of the finance service across the offices within the region.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure that the offices carry out the required finance tasks across the month and at the month end. Depending on the local office, this may include including, general ledger posting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, disbursement payments, credit card and merchant facilities, staff claims and credit control
• Coordinate and manage the year-end audit and reviews. Communicate with external accountants and auditors in order to comply with statutory, regulatory and professional requirements and manage the process of regulatory and financial end of year audits.
• Work with the local office staff to ensure that each office meets its statutory and regulatory obligations in respect of financial and tax filing.
What are we looking for?
• Experience in a similar role for a professional services firm
• Knowledge of relevant accounting legislation and legal requirements
• Ideally hold a professional finance qualification but demonstrable relevant experience could be considered instead
• Must be bilingual (English and Spanish) ideally have Portuguese but not a requirement
• Willing to travel
2. Marketing and Business Development Assistant (Part time)
The Marketing and Business Development Assistant is responsible for providing support to Business Development Manager for the Latin American and Caribbean region and assisting with various assignments across the marketing, business development and communications functions. This position requires collaboration and coordination with members of the Marketing and BD Department in London as well as other departments within the firm. This individual maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide support services on project assignments utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as, any additional software required. E.g. InterAction.
• Assist the BD Manager with RFIs, RFPs, information, presentations, approvals, events, marketing materials, follow ups, etc.
• Draft alerts, emails, social media posts and blog posts as assigned
• Social media and blog posting.
• Edit/proofread alerts, emails, attorney presentations and other marketing communications.
• Processing invoices for payment.
• Make travel arrangements and bookings for events, help with itineraries and agendas. Answer calls, manage calendar and respond to inquiries.
• Create and maintain the Marketing and BD reference materials including contact lists, organizational charts, digital files, etc.
• Provide support for meetings, including scheduling, agenda distribution, content preparation and minutes, if necessary.
• Research and coordinate materials and negotiate pricing with vendors as requested.
• Research on clients and markets as requested.
• Keep regional offices’ website pages and attorney bios updated.
• Complete data entry and other administrative tasks.
• Additional administrative support and ad hoc reporting as required.
• Other duties may be requested and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree and one or more years of experience in a professional services firm is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience working in marketing and/or communications is preferred. High school diploma required.
• Past work experience as a marketing coordinator, administrative assistant or similar role is a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required. Design software is a plus.
• Experience blogging on WordPress or other web platforms a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, interns, and outside contacts.
• Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report format, written correspondence, e-mail or verbally.
• Excellent analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail and accuracy in order to perform essential duties relevant to the Marketing & BD functions.
• Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment utilizing good judgment, and decision-making skills. Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
• Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position’s responsibilities.
• Possess excellent knowledge of reading, writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, and formatting in order to prepare relevant documentation; proofread material for grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, scanner, etc.
• Work well under pressure with short deadlines.
• Project and event management skills.
• Bilingual, English and Spanish, a must. Portuguese a plus.
3. Legal Secretary (Full time)
Kennedys is looking to recruit a full-time Legal Secretary with 5 to 7 years’ litigation experience to join its Miami office.
The ideal candidate is proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Word, Excel and Outlook) and has some experience with insurance coverage litigation. The Legal Assistant will possess excellent organizational skills and have a keen attention to detail.
The ability to turn work around in an efficient manner with minimal errors is required. Effective communication skills and ability to manage assignments with a proactive approach are also necessary for this position. Our ideal candidate will assist attorneys with all aspects of litigation including discovery, court filings and trial preparation.
The successful Legal Assistant will have a thorough working knowledge of and experience working with the Federal and Florida court systems.
If you have these skills and are interested in joining a dynamic team and work community, we encourage you to apply.
Kennedys is a global law firm with expertise in dispute resolution and advisory services. With over 2,000 people worldwide across 38 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America we have some of the most respected legal minds in their field.
Our lawyers handle both contentious and non-contentious matters, and provide a range of specialist legal services, for many industry sectors but we have particular expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, especially in defending insurance and liability claims.
We welcome high-performing lawyers, business services professionals, secretaries, graduates and apprentices to join our rapidly expanding global firm. Whatever your role at Kennedys, you’ll be involved in exciting and stimulating work, where your input will make a difference.
What do we have to offer?
We’re a fresh-thinking firm, and we’re not afraid to bring challenging new perspectives to the table way beyond the traditional realm of legal services. We empower our clients with a diverse range of ideas, tools and technology to make their lives easier, as well as delivering exceptional results, every time.
We develop careers in an innovative and collaborative global environment, with a variety of training opportunities available. This includes secondment opportunities to clients and our global offices. We believe that supporting individual growth and development puts us in the best position to attract and retain talented individuals. Regardless of role or level, everyone has access to virtual learning opportunities to help you develop your skills when you need to, wherever you are in the world.