Trans Re shared with us the following opportunity available in its Miami office:
Sr. Underwriter-Property Treaty
The Underwriter for the Latin American & Caribbean Division of Transatlantic Reinsurance Company will be responsible for the following:
- Evaluates large, complex risks associated with underwriting a Property Treaty book of business and decides (within approval authority) to accept or decline.
- Responsible for maintaining a profitable book of business by evaluating and identifying profitable relationships in the Latin American Division,
- Negotiates and underwrites new and renewal (Property) risks.
- Makes independent sales calls to market reinsurance offerings and prepares proposals for more routine treaty situations.
- Develops negotiation strategies to market offerings and prepares proposals
- Maintains ongoing awareness of Industry trends and issues as well as the needs of current and prospective clients
- 5-7 years of Property Treaty insurance/reinsurance experience.
- Knowledge of insurance/reinsurance underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques
- 25% travel to Latin America and the Caribbean
- Marketing abilities
- Computer literate (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA desirable
- Ability to multi task, highly organized, detail oriented, self starter
- Good analytical skills as well as sound financial analysis skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we support diversity in the workforce.
We are a leading international reinsurer, operating in 25 cities worldwide. Since 1977 we have built our business on the principles of offering constructive flexible solutions backed by rock solid financial security, and we have grown into one of the world’s leading reinsurers by coupling a global perspective with local support.
Our Vision Is to be the first-choice provider of reinsurance to our clients worldwide. We strive to create unmatched value for our customers, colleagues, business partners, and shareholders as we contribute to the growth of sustainable, prosperous communities. We achieve this through our Core Values:
Integrity. Work honestly. Enhance our reputation
People. Develop diverse talent. Reward excellence
Customer Focus. Anticipate their priorities. Exceed their expectations.
Respect. Value all colleagues. Collaborate with one another.
Entrepreneurship. Seize opportunities. Innovate for and with customers.
Performance. Be accountable. Manage risks. Deliver our strength.