Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS’s) or Drones are a sector in Aviation which is expanding exponentially in a relatively short period of time, fueling job growth, expanding commercial uses, safety issues and of course, liability concerns. Both the FAA and EASA have now issued guidelines for the safe operation of drones with each promising more comprehensive legislation for safe operation in the near future. Equally, insurers are responding to the growing need for insurance coverages for safe flight and liability.
As recreational use expands and commercial applications emerge Drones are to hover, observe and assist.
This seminar is taste of what we will see at the 2017 Miami | Latin America Claims (re) Insurance Forum
Date: April 11 2017
5:15 pm Registration
5.30 pm Conference
6:00 Informal discussion
Where: Malbec Room of Novecento 1414 Brickell Ave, MIAMI, FL 33131
Registration deadline: April 10 2017 at 1:00PM. Only 40 available tickets.
To register, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also by LinkedIn:
Casual attire. Cost for this event: Free
Topic to be presented by Neil Bayer, Head of the US practice at Kennedys
- Notable experience in the aviation sector representing maintenance and repair centres, negotiating aircraft component sales and aviation contract matters.
- Experience handling a wide array of marine liability claims, including:
- Physical damage and personal injury liabilities arising from marina and boat yard operations
- Collisions and marine salvage
- Passenger and crew liabilities (Jones Act)
- Environmental damage claims derived from vessel operation and navigation.
- Extensive litigation experience related to yachts and super yachts, including:
- First and third party insurance claims involving both property damage and personal injury
- Yacht purchase and registration, drafting and negotiation of custom build contracts.
- Regularly litigates cargo claims involving air, ocean, overland truck and warehouse losses.
- Considerable experience serving as coverage counsel for underwriters in the London Market for all insurance risks including casualty, financial lines, D&O, E&O, marine, aviation and fine art and specie.
- Well-versed in commercial litigation and transactional matters, including contract negotiation, reviewing and drafting.
- Class action: assessment, defense and litigation oversight.
- International insurers and reinsurers
- Lloyd’s syndicates
- Ship owners
- Neil Bayer enjoys an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the oldest and most widely recognized rating service for American lawyers.
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society
- South-Eastern Admiralty Law Institute