This event will give you an opportunity to network with brokers, coverholders and cedants from the Latin American region in the traditional “Meet the Market” format, which tries to recreate the famous Lloyd’s Underwriting Room with a series of ‘boxes’ hosted by syndicate underwriters representing multiple classes of insurance and reinsurance written at Lloyd’s.
What can you expect from the Lloyd’s Meet the Market event?
• Gain a better understanding of how to access the Lloyd’s market by experiencing the replica underwriting room
• Provide networking opportunities to meet Lloyd’s underwriters and brokers specialising in LatAm business
• Meet with senior personnel from the Corporation of Lloyd’s
• Increase your knowledge of new products and specialist classes of business at Lloyd’s
• Establish new and renew existing relationships
Register your interest in hosting a ‘box’ during the event
Click here to register as a Boxholder. Open to syndicate underwriters representing multiple classes of insurance and reinsurance written at Lloyd’s.
Register to attend the event
If you are interested in attending the event, please click here.
Background on Miami
• Miami is an established reinsurance hub in Latin America
• Local brokers estimate reinsurance premium written in Miami to be between USD 2.5 billion, which accounts for approximately 33% of Latin American reinsurance not ceded intra-group
• There is an overall trend which has seen a number of Lloyd’s top 12 brokers establish in Miami
• A dozen of MA’s have service companies in Miami servicing the Latin American market
Background on the “Insurance Week”
• A series of events sponsored by Brokers and (re)insurers, that, as reported in the Insurance Insider earlier this year, resembles the origins of Montecarlo.
• Always during the same week as the boat show, which makes advance reservation critical, as all hotels tend to get very busy.