Charles Taylor Adjusting provides high quality independent loss adjustment services and also provides consultancy on other areas of insurance and reinsurance. Charles Taylor Adjusting receives instructions from insurers, reinsurers and brokers but acts impartially on all assignments received. The post-holder will be responsible for giving high quality service to our clients strictly in accordance with instructions, guidelines and authorisation provided by EVP.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide day-to-day loss investigation, adjusting, consultancy and marketing assistance and support for EVP primarily in the field of Property, Casualty, Crisis Management and Special Risks, based in Charles Taylor Adjusting’s Miami office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The authority for each of the following responsibilities will increase as the level of the position progresses.
- To receive instructions on new losses from the London and Miami Market and overseas clients of Property & Casualty and report to EVP with recommendations for personal involvement in performing such assignments.
- To carry out pre-agreed brief relating to the loss adjusting assignment under consideration and to report to EVP upon completion and/or during the execution of the brief when professional guidance is required.
- To assist EVP with inflow of new losses and other consultancy projects.
- To assist EVP with audits and reviews of reinsured accounts in accordance with a written brief agreed in advance with instructing Principal.
- To review assignment or project-related documentation in Spanish, summarising into English when required, and advise EVP on relevance to the case under consideration and make recommendations accordingly.
- To assist Property & Casualty in the identification of new business opportunities and acquisition of new accounts by means of accompanied marketing.
- To communicate with reinsurers and brokers to ensure that the quality of service offered continues to satisfy Principals’ requirements.
- To ensure that service standards are maintained at all times, especially with regard to complying with time-related deadlines.
- To assist EVP with regard to any other operational or administrative issues associated with Property & Casualty’s case assignments on an as-required basis.
- To assist EVP with regard to any other issues associated with Property & Casualty market position as international adjusters.
- To assume responsibility for his/her own portfolio of claims, audit/reviews to be case managed by his/herself under the mentorship of EVP or another designated supervisor, according to the nature of the assignment.
- To build up a reinsurer and reinsurance broker client base based on marketing in Miami, New York, London as well as Latinamerican and Caribbean insurance and reinsurance centres.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The individual will be responsible for meeting personal development, teamwork, marketing and invoicing targets set by the company, which are jointly intended to enhance the performance of the individual and result in benefit to Charles Taylor Adjusting and our Clients. The position also involves meeting and liaising with senior personnel within insurance, reinsurance and broking organisations accompanied initially by EVP but subsequently such meetings may be unaccompanied, subject to satisfactory progress within the position.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
Work Proficiency. The post holder must demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure. The successful candidate must be proactive and able to work with management guidance and demonstrate self-driven initiative thereafter. He/she must demonstrate good personal management and be capable of managing the workload relating to various cases and marketing projects simultaneously.
Oral Communication. Excellent oral communication skills in English and Spanish are required in this role for dealing with Clients. Knowledge of Portuguese would be beneficial in view of our expanding portfolio of accounts in Brazil.
Written Communication. The post holder will be responsible for preparing reports and other written communications in English and Spanish. Fluency in all aspects of written communication in English is critical to this role. Good written business Spanish would be beneficial.
Problem Solving. The position requires the ability to deal with a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously, recommending practical solutions within the scope of the level of the position.
Job Knowledge. He/she will learn insurance, reinsurance and loss adjusting principles and practice in Property and Casualty classes, which will be developed further by mentored coaching.
Interpersonal Good communication and interpersonal skills are critical to this role.
KEY SKILLS – TECHNICAL
Charles Taylor Adjusting operates in a Windows 7 and Microsoft Exchange environment, so experience of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and especially Word to a high level is crucial for this position.
Adjuster: Ideally educated to Bachelors’ degree in engineering, law, accounting or risk management. The candidate must also acquire a Florida State 520 All Lines Adjuster license, pursue continued education to maintain the licence and be prepared to study for any additional professional qualifications deemed necessary by the company.
Any interested candidates should send their resume to Kathleen DeLuca, VP-HR, Charles Taylor Americas at Kathleen.email@example.com.