We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Claims Consultant to report into our Senior Vice President of Claims within Aspen Reinsurance America (ARA). You will be responsible for independently handling reinsurance claims arising out of contracts which require investigation and will determine liability and settlement reporting to ARA Head of Claims. You will be given responsibility for claims activity from a specific ARA business segment and will assist senior claims leadership as needed.
- Assist in providing external and internal auditors with requested documentation
- Approve claims payment within authority and within Company’s time frame
- Evaluate claims information provided by ceding companies and brokers
- Interpret coverage and review investigative material
- Request additional information from brokers when appropriate
- Monitor claims to conclusion
- Perform diary review of the assigned claims inventory
- Responsible for identifying claims that have potential for retrocessional reinsurance recovery
- Provide reserve analysis to ensure timely and accurate case reserve
- Maintain current knowledge of legal or regulatory decisions that may impact claims liability
- Attend seminars or other training opportunities
- Assist the team in training, direction and guidance of other employees
- Leads the claims audit of ceding companies assisted by other staff as needed
- Secondary triage responsibility for the claims administrator box
- Assign the claims from the administrators box to the appropriate claims handler as needed
- Investigate unknown documents in the claims administrator box
Subject matter expert for ARA Claims on property & casualty claims for Latin America
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication, negotiating, organizational, numerical and analytical analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and access database
- College degree or significant prior claims auditing and handling experience, minimum of 10 years
- Demonstrated experience in providing service to and responding to requests from clients and co-workers
About Aspen Re
Founded in 2002, Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited is a leading global insurance and reinsurance company. Listed on the NYSE since 2003, we have assets of $10.3 billion and more than 930 employees in eight countries.
Our success is built on financial strength, our people’s insight and a customer-first philosophy. We believe the way we work is just as important as the work we do and we are guided by the Aspen Spirit – our core values based around respect, honesty, trust and professionalism.
Aspen is a great place to develop your career. We’re a fast-growing and dynamic global company and we work in an exciting and challenging environment where achievement is rewarded. Competitive salaries are supplemented, where possible, by a bonus plan that is intended to reward outperformance and benefits arrangements which include pension, private health insurance and life insurance at 10x salary, plus a suite of flexible benefits.
For further information contact Jorge Cañardo:
TE: 786 2384888