Date: 14th November 2012
Time: 5:00 pm registration. 5.15 pm Conference/Presentation. 5.45. Informal discussion 6.15 Networking.
Where: Malbec Room of Novecento 1414 Brickell Ave, FL 33131
Rafael Calzadilla, Associate Kennedys Latin America & Caribbean
Assisting the office Director with a busy caseload, including analysis of complex and large Liability and Property claims, monitoring experts and local counsel as well as legal proceedings principally (but not exclusively) in Latin America and the Caribbean, coverage analysis of liability and property policy wordings, reporting to clients on their insurance and reinsurance queries, development of strategies to resolve and settle complicated claims, business development (marketing) including presentations and seminars to clients, assist in English to Spanish (and vice versa) translations.
• Director of Kennedys Miami office for Latin America & Caribbean
• Resolving Spanish / Latin American law intricacies for London clients, and making English law and procedure understandable to Spanish / Latin American clients
• D&O claims and policy advice in Argentina, Brasil, Ecuador, Mexico, Perú, Italy & Spain.
• Advising underwriters on coverage in relation to pollution risks in non-marine policies.
• Expediting debt recoveries and indemnity claims on behalf of underwriters
• Advising underwriters and shipowners on third party liability issues
• Advising on non-contentious matters such as policy and contract wording, and in relation to business opportunities and regulatory issues in Hispanic jurisdictions
• Acting for brokers on war risks / mortgages insurable interest multi-party litigation
• Defending demurrage claims and salvage actions
• LATAMIR Power 50. Latin American insurance sector most influential professionals. The 50 key figures are at the forefront of their respective fields and look set to drive the continued development of the Latam market.
• Kennedys has been awarded with the 2013 Reactions Latin America Awards as Latin America Insurance and Reinsurance Law Firm.
Kennedys is an international legal firm with unrivalled expertise in litigation and dispute resolution and committed almost exclusively to the insurance and reinsurance sector. Insurance claims and coverage advice are core business.
The recent Gracechurch report (Insurance Legal Advisers 2013) found us to be one of the top two most likely firms to be shortlisted by London market insurance company claims teams in the next 12 months and number 1 in termes of “value for money”.
According to the 2013 Legal Business 100 survey, Kennedys was the fastest – growing firm in organic revenues over the last five years, increasing by 127%. The next fastest – growing firm grew by 88% in the same period (2008-2013).
2nd – most likely firm to be shortlisted by insurance company claims teams in the next 12 months (London Market insurers, Gracechurch consulting, 2013)
Offices around the world: Auckland, Belfast, Birmingham, Brussels, Cambridge, Chelmsford, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Maidstone, Manchester, Miami, Sheffield, Singapore, Sydney, Taunton.
Associated offices: Copenhagen, Colombia, Karachi, Mexico, Mumbai, New Delhi, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago de Chile, Sao Paulo and Warsaw
Over 175 – partners at Kennedys
Over 1,500 – people at Kennedys
1899 – the year Paddison, Chapelle and Kennedy was established in London